Cat Throwing Up And Diarrhea Around House....please Help

jakefodor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cat's 13 years old

For the last 4 or so years she has been throwing up. Some times once a day for 3-4 days straight. Some times she goes weeks or months without throwing up. It's gotten bad in the past year or so. In the past she'd throw up all her food (literally all of it) doesn't look like she digested any of it. For the past 2-3 months she doesn't really throw up food, mostly liquid, some times a normal brown/clear color, some times a bright red/pink color. I didn't think much of it, because she'd give a certain meow and you can find her and drag her to the bathroom where her litter box is to throw up...although she has never learned to throw up in in her little box and she's thrown up close to a 100 times by now.

Lately she has been diarrhea, some times just regular popping around the house. She never use to do this. A little while ago she'd find a corner to do it, but now it is worse, she is doing it wherever she is. Diarrhea'ed on a sofa, the cover isn't removable and it penetrated inside, cleaned it using urin/poop cleaner, fabric cleaner, rubbing alcohol at least 20x never got the smell out after a week and tossed the sofa.

As far as a vet she hasn't been in 2-3 years. Last time we went she got all her shots (2 or 3 years ago), we mentioned the throw up, they didn't seem like they knew what was going on, just wanted to sell every single test under the sun, quoted over $500. Now that she's not up to date on her shots, They want $350 just to get her up to date before they will even talk any problems. Unfortunately this is the only vet in town (so they can charge those prices) also money is part of the issue, but my cat absolutely hates going outside, honestly think she will die because of it especially at this sick stage.

It's winter time but we keep our house at 70 degrees, but for some reason this cat finds this "too cold", there is a room she likes that's a bit warmer than the others but someone sleeps there and has had allergies recently so we are keeping our cat from going in that room. So our cat is throwing a fit. She has a warm cat bed and the house is 70 degrees but still finds it cold. Ironically we have an outside cat and it's 30-40 degrees outside, she has a cat house, but lives outside perfectly, never diarrhea, threw up, honestly has never been sick and we've had that one for 4 or so years.

This one knows not to poop on the couches, but she still does than runs away.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What kind of food does your cat eat? I wonder if the cat is allergic to the food. Have you tried making a change.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If this is a food allergy, and it may well be, you need to look for foods with as few ingredients as you can, and try her on them one at a time.

A little canned pumpkin may help with the diarrhea.