Cat taking over dogs water

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi so these last 2 or so weeks my dominant female cat Ally has been making her way back to my room where I keep the dogs food and water. She drinks Brady water and won't allow him any while she there. I worried because brady has a bucket for a water bowl and Ally like to climb in it.

What I don't get is she has her own bowl of water in the living room and we have had her for 4 maybe 5 years now and she only now coming back to my room. So I don't know if she like I just want mommy, if she just trying to get her own space away from her son Ace or if she trying to boss Brady around? Normally up front she ignores or walks off from the dogs but in my room she really lays into Brady if he tries to get a drink. He a big guy so I'm not overly concerned about her hurting him and he loves cats to much to actually hurt her.

Also is 5 to 6 pounds unhealthy for an adult female? She long and skinny but just refuse to put on weight. The vet said ideally they'd like some more weight but some cats are just skinny. She fixed, eats all she wants. Everybody else is 8+ pounds and she not pushed off the food or anything usually she the bully. I guess I'm just worried and rambling any advice would be great

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat peaches is 7 pds,8yrs old. Do you have a pic? Can you get her a bowl just like the dogs? Since you had ger 5 yrs and she is healthy I wouldn't worry about her weight. I do worry that Peaches might loose weight. She is a pro at throwing up her food. Always been canned,many small meals a day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have the best of connections but ill see if I can up load one tomorrow. Her weight hasn't changed. I get over paranoid about them being to skinny. It's a running joke between me and Dad that Ally and Brady will get us in trouble because they are so skinny being long and lanky.

As for the bucket I don't know about finding another Identical one and I'm still concerned about her climbing in it head first. If she just reached in or played its be one thing but I'm worried about her drowning accidently. She learned that attacking doesn't really do anything to him. It's almost like since beating him doesn't teach him she becoming possessive over his things. Like I'm the boss here this is my mom, this is my water, I'm going to take this room from you. She usually my dads cat but here lately she demanding I hold her and stuff