cat swollen lip/loose poo issues

oscarmeow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So for years my cat would have a swollen lip and foot pad, apparently due to clay cat litter. I changed the litter and his foot and lip issues went away. But he's had very loose stool for years, which seemed to be treated ok with the Hills Prescrption biome food...but not it appears the biome food has activated his allergy and made his lip swell up. I took him off the Biome food and put him on Hills w/d prescription food and Royal Canin gastrointestinal high fiber food, lip still swollen, poo issue not solved.

cat is at least 16 years old, eats good, drinks good, sleeps good, plays good, cleans self, eyes wide open, mostly happy.

what do I do? put him back on biome since it treats the poo issue and find other way to deal with lip? Vet has recommended novel protein diets but i dont know which ones to try.

help meow!!!! :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
Vet has recommended novel protein diets but i dont know which ones to try.
You could look into Merrick Backcountry rabbit, duck and I think they also have a venison, in canned or pouches. Maybe try a rotation of Merrick and the Biome?

cat is at least 16 years old, eats good, drinks good, sleeps good, plays good, cleans self, eyes wide open, mostly happy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarmeow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

You could look into Merrick Backcountry rabbit, duck and I think they also have a venison, in canned or pouches. Maybe try a rotation of Merrick and the Biome?
cool! do you have expience with these foods? do they have wet?