Cat suddenly very hyper and behavior change after I accidentally hurt her?

Carlympls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all!

I have had my one year old Tortie for about 2 months now. She has been absolutely obsessed and attached to me - we definitely have a bond.

Tonight I closed a drawer hard and didn’t see her head was slightly underneath it. She gave a strange yelp but neither my boyfriend or I actually saw what happened - it’s just what I’m assuming based on the timing of what happened.

Immediately afterward, she became SUPER hyper and wanted to play, didn’t seem interested in either of us or pets at all. Like I said before, she’s very attached to me but she suddenly wasn’t interested in me at all. She doesn’t seem to have any symptoms of anything related to head trauma that would necessitate an emergency vet visit. Even her behavior doesn’t seem too wildly different than zoomies - it’s just out of character for her.

What do you think? Is she just mad/hurt and will get over it? I lost my beloved cat just four months ago and her behavior had drastically changed before she passed, and this sudden change from a super loving kitty to an aggressive and disinterested kitty is extra heartbreaking right now.

Bolts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My old boy certainly held grudges for a few days...he was behind me and I didn’t know, I accidentally kicked him in the face, he forgave me that with a big cuddle..but what he didn’t forgive was the trip to the vets cos I’d knocked a tooth loose. If I went in the same room as him he’d get straight up and leave, no cuddles, he’d hiss if I picked him up.
If your sure theres no physical reason for this I’d just leave her be and let her come round in her own time.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats not a grudge type of behavior, so if there is no head wound or visible bump then dont worry about it, unrelated.