Cat Suddenly Timid And Soft

Eva Fitz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is nearly 3. He has always been confident and slightly aggressive at home and in the neighborhood. He has been to the vets three times and is always terrified but when he gets home he is back to normal. Last month i took him the the vets and again he was terrified. When we got home I thought he was back to normal but now he has gone soft. Before if you touched his paw or belly he would scratch, bite or hiss at you however now he doesn’t react. He also is very needy and cries a lot. I’m not sure why he has changed personality. Do any of you know why?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Have you asked the vet if something happened differently this time while he was there?

I'm wondering if maybe you ought to consider a different vet. My boy hates the vet as do many cats, but this sounds a little more than that.

Can you try MusicForCats . com for him now?
And maybe this from @Mamanyt1953
...you might try chamomile tea as a calming agent for him. Brew a cup (use bags from the grocery store to be sure they are GERMAN, not English chamomile), chill it in the fridge, and administer 1-3 teaspoonfuls up to 3 times a day. The nice thing about the tea is that it gently calms, rather than sedates.

The next vet visit see if there's something you can give him before hand, either over the counter calming products or from the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eva Fitz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks I’ll speak to the vet next time. He doesn’t drink but I’ll try the music.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I think the tea is supposed to be administered by syringe.

You could try a pet water fountain to encourage more drinking :)

Let us know how things go with him :vibes::crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eva Fitz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ohh I might try that then and will definitely look into a water fountain now that it’s getting hotter. Thanks again