Cat Suddenly Terrified

Cici20038

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. My cat, Bruce, is a white and orange short hair who just turned one on holloween. On november 18 i left the house over night, and i usually leave for sleepovers at my friends or familys houses, but on sunday, november 19, i didnt come home till late because i had work. My little baby, bruce, hasnt gone downstairs for almost a week. I tried picking him up and taking him down but he started to run before i even set him down. He goes down when no one is home but the moment someone enters he books it upstairs... idk what to do. Please help. My other cats never acted like this.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as he has food, water and litter boxes upstairs, I would ignore his behavior and not try to force him down. You can try enticing him though with some smelly treat like tuna juice. More than likely within a week or two he will get over his fear and start venturing down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cici20038

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As long as he has food, water and litter boxes upstairs, I would ignore his behavior and not try to force him down. You can try enticing him though with some smelly treat like tuna juice. More than likely within a week or two he will get over his fear and start venturing down.
He doesnt have food or water upstairs.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you move them upstairs for him? If you can’t move them upstairs at least place them downstairs at the base of the stairs so he doesn’t need to venture farther than what he can see from the top of the stairs. Trying to force him to come down is just going to make him more fearful.