Cat Suddenly Scared

Asum9393

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,
We have a very healthy happy 7month old cat who has eaten and used the liter box in our bathroom since the day I brought him home. Yesterday I was in my room and he came in all the sudden seeming scared of something. He has been slowly walking around, looking underneath stuff, like something was going to attack him.
He seems to have gotten over that part, however now he refuses to go in the bathroom. I had to move food and liter box out of there so he could use them. I picked him up and brought him in with me and he all but climbed the wall to get out. I was the only one home yesterday with him and didn't see or hear anything. I don't know what would of made him so scared of the room! He used to run all over the place but now he just kinda lays around looking at the door. It makes me nervous!
Anyone know what could cause this? He doesnt seem in pain, he still is eating and he will play with us, he just seems off.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats just get spooked some times. It could be a single sound, something falling or even something new in a room. The best thing to do is to ignore the behavior but moving his food and litter box out of the room is a good idea. As you have learned it does no good and makes things worse if you try to help him by showing him there is nothing scary in the room. He needs to decide that by himself and he likely will within a few days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Asum9393

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats just get spooked some times. It could be a single sound, something falling or even something new in a room. The best thing to do is to ignore the behavior but moving his food and litter box out of the room is a good idea. As you have learned it does no good and makes things worse if you try to help him by showing him there is nothing scary in the room. He needs to decide that by himself and he likely will within a few days.
Thank you! I'm hoping so to. Poor little guy.