Cat Suddenly Chasing And Hissing At Dog

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my cat is 7 years old and has known this dog her entire life. i dont know what happened. but i was turned around, and i hear hissing. i see her hissing at him and chasing him around the house. She kept swatting at him and hunting him. She only stopped because i told her to stop.

she didnt seem to hurt him. I have never seen her attack him before. Shes usually the type to hiss when annoyed.

i do know he is not fixed, and will sometimes get excited by her. :disturbed:

should i worry? im not home much, due to my job and cant watch them 24/7.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she finally had enough of him getting excited by her? Maybe he came back in from outside smelling different. Was he out somewhere recently like the vet or dog park or playing with another dog and smells different now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she finally had enough of him getting excited by her? Maybe he came back in from outside smelling different. Was he out somewhere recently like the vet or dog park or playing with another dog and smells different now?
he only goes outside for walks. otherwise he is home all day like her. :ohwell: i'll keep an eye on them when i'm home.

i just saw her give him the stink eye, and brush past him. :sweat::think:

i'll keep an eye of them when i'm home. :confused:

1claire

Tabby Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Something might have happened while you are not around. Try to keep an eye on them, hoping that they will not get into a big fight.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not easy. I'm not home much and live in someone elses house. I feel bad locking her up all day.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has to have places she can get away from the dog, places the dog can not go. Cat trees, under furniture, somewhere he can't reach in and pull her out. If a dog gets too excited sexually, he will grab her. Male dogs aren't like tom cats, they aren't keyed to take no for an answer.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my cat is 7 years old and has known this dog her entire life. i dont know what happened. but i was turned around, and i hear hissing. i see her hissing at him and chasing him around the house. She kept swatting at him and hunting him. She only stopped because i told her to stop.

she didnt seem to hurt him. I have never seen her attack him before. Shes usually the type to hiss when annoyed.

i do know he is not fixed, and will sometimes get excited by her. :disturbed:

should i worry? im not home much, due to my job and cant watch them 24/7.
Is the dog healthy? My male cat gets aggressive towards the other when she is sick. Cats can sort of smell the illness and react that way. I would actually check them out both, since this is a sudden change. Good luck!

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has to have places she can get away from the dog, places the dog can not go. Cat trees, under furniture, somewhere he can't reach in and pull her out. If a dog gets too excited sexually, he will grab her. Male dogs aren't like tom cats, they aren't keyed to take no for an answer.
they've known each other for years, and is afraid of her. lol thankfully theres places for her to hide in the house.

Is the dog healthy? My male cat gets aggressive towards the other when she is sick. Cats can sort of smell the illness and react that way. I would actually check them out both, since this is a sudden change. Good luck!
the cats went recently to the vet, had blood tests, and everything checked out okay.

the dog hasnt been to a vet in years. his owner cant afford, and i cant afford to take him either. :frown: the dog belongs to my niece.