Top Cat
Purraise
Nekochan, I love that first picture!

(Your GSD is stunning, BTW)

twobananaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh good, i thought i was the only insane person who was using these pet strollers for animals other than dogs! i just purchased a stroller/carrier, where the carrier attaches to the stroller portion so I don't have to transfer them from a carrier in the vehicle to the stroller when we go places for walks, or to the vet. okay, so I originally bought it for my house rabbits, and they certainly love it, but I like the fact that the one I bought has a tether inside to clip a harness to, so that I can leave the top open and not worry about anyone jumping out and escaping. but still! they're awesome!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twobananaz

i just purchased a stroller/carrier, where the carrier attaches to the stroller portion so I don't have to transfer them from a carrier in the vehicle to the stroller when we go places for walks, or to the vet.
The first stroller I bought had a separate carrier like that, but they outgrew it too fast. That's what I get for having a Maine Coon.

I have a minivan though so I don't have to worry about transferring them when they go in the vehicle, the stroller fits in just fine...although some of my cats prefer to ride in the car with a seatbelt harness instead of a carrier... Harley especially, she gets carsick if she has to ride in a carrier (or stroller) but usually doesn't if she is not in a carrier.

adweena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a friend whose mother uses a dog crate attached to a wagon. She pulls it behind her while she walks. She gets the extra workout and her cats get to be outside. She likes the wire cage because the cats get a 360 view and the protection of a strong cage.

I have seriously considered one for Zoe and Isabella but I really don't want them to start trying to slip out the door when it's open. Those of you who do 'walk' your cats, do you have this problem?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did-- when I started taking my cat Church out on harness, he started acting really interested in the doors/outside. He actually ran out the door once when a family member was letting the dog out, scared me half to death but thank goodness he had learned to come running when I call "Churchie!" I used to call him when it was time for his lysine treats and when he ran out I ran out after him, he was already past the porch stairs but when I called him he stopped to look at me and headed back, so I was able to grab him.
It was sort of a phase though because eventually he stopped being interested in the doors.