Cat stick twigs - how to use

dthlo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat loves to chew on cat twigs/sticks, but to be honest, I am not sure how to use them. After one use, it's covered with drool, and am unsure how to store it to prevent mold. In addition, is it safe for cats to eat small pieces?

How do i manage splintering of the ends? At what point should it be discarded?

In addition, she split a twig down the middle, and i noticed that the inside is filled with foam. Do you know what this is? Wish these things came with instructions :)

CATTWIG Silver Vine Stick Cat Chew Toy, 6 count - Chewy.com

Attachments

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you Google it to find any specific instructions? Cats eat twigs outside too, I have seen my ferals chewing on twigs. The white, spongy material is the inside of the stick, like the white inside a tree. It was suggested to just leave them out for the cats to go back to several times a day, but if you want, I would rinse them off under a running stream of water and let them dry thoroughly before wrapping for future use. I don't see how they could hurt, except to watch for broken off pieces that could choke or be swallowed whole. They are all natural and safe for cats, but look further into it on reviews, that is where I get a lot of my info.