Cat Stays In Her Cat Tower All Day?

Alexis F.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my 6 month old cat, Blueberry, has been super friendly and amazing and adorable! But, for some reason, yesterday, she stayed in her little cubby hole thing in her cat tower, just sleeping, to just laying there. She's done it all morning too, she only came out to eat breakfast, and to go the litter box.

My parents said that yesterday night, she was really energetic during the night, so she just might be sleepy... Blueberry hasn't really done this at all until now, usually she's looking outside sitting in the windowsill, sleeping on the couches, or playing with our dog, Lola.

I've looked at her and she doesn't seem hurt? Do cats just sleep more during the day when they get older? I'm sorry, I am a first time owner, and I'm just not sure if I should be concerned! Thank you,

Alexis.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So my 6 month old cat, Blueberry, has been super friendly and amazing and adorable! But, for some reason, yesterday, she stayed in her little cubby hole thing in her cat tower, just sleeping, to just laying there. She's done it all morning too, she only came out to eat breakfast, and to go the litter box.

My parents said that yesterday night, she was really energetic during the night, so she just might be sleepy... Blueberry hasn't really done this at all until now, usually she's looking outside sitting in the windowsill, sleeping on the couches, or playing with our dog, Lola.

I've looked at her and she doesn't seem hurt? Do cats just sleep more during the day when they get older? I'm sorry, I am a first time owner, and I'm just not sure if I should be concerned! Thank you,

Alexis.
If she's eating, going to the litter box, and otherwise acting fine, I wouldn't worry too much about it! Cats can sleep upwards of 15 hours a day when they're all grown up. Some have even gone around 20 hours!
My cats adore their cat tree too. Both of them love sleeping in the cubbies. I think it gives them a feeling of security. Sometimes they will stay there for hours and hours on end.

Notacrazycatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My two--1 yr old, Angus and nearly 5 month old, Leo will have occasional 'lazy days.' Usually on Sunday while I'm cleaning they're just lazing around and sleeping most of the day. They both slept a good chunk of yesterday but were up and playing like their normal selves this morning. The first time Angus did that, I was concerned but it's just been an occasional thing where either or both of them have a lazy day. I wouldn't worry unless she stops eating or using the litter box.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even 6 month olds have to recharge the crazy antic battery once in awhile!
If this continues, there's no harm in having a vet check up to make sure something isn't wrong/hurting her.
Another thought is if she has not been spayed, she may be coming into season and when that happens sometimes the activity level drops off before it happens. Then they wail and cry and try to get outside. :help:

BlueJay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think you need to worry just yet, but if she just continues to sleep all day when she is usually more active I would call the vet after a day or two, especially if she starts to have other issues.