Cat Staying Squatting On Tray Straining (i Guess) Then Pooping Themselves & Scooting It On Floor

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let us know how the surgery goes. My favorite childhood cat was a black & white cat named Mally (short for Marshmallow). Praying for you guys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul Keep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I'm hoping it goes well. I am keeping everything crossed

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I hope your baby gets a fast recovery. I too agree with another person who said they should have done that test to see what stones it is-they would take a urine sample and send it out to test-then there's another test they do on that specimen to see which kind of crystals it is. In the future-be sure to steer clear of corn in foods-I found many prescription foods had "Corn meal" or "corn" which is very frustrating.

Let us know how it goes. Sending you vibes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul Keep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they did do urine cultures as far as i'm aware.
He had surgery yesterday which went well, they removed nearly 30 crystals from his bladder, shaped like starfish, & a few had lodged in his urethra, not fully blocking it, but partially.
As long as he is recovering well tosay he can come home tonight
Any tips for looking after him post surgery?
I'm worried about his stitches etc, him getting the cone off & opening the wound etc as i know he does not like cones

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like the surgery went well, I'm so glad. I've seen some tips on the site for post surgery- some put their cat in a huge dog crate or put some kind of shirt or baby onesie on them. I've never done it though.