Cat Staying Squatting On Tray Straining (i Guess) Then Pooping Themselves & Scooting It On Floor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul Keep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they said they can do the culture awake if he allows (i'm sceptical he will) or putting him under.
i'm not giving up on him, i'm just quite upset by it all, especially by the fact he barely wants to come near me atm
i just want it gotten to the bottom of so it can actually be resolved & him better

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they said they can do the culture awake if he allows (i'm sceptical he will) or putting him under.
i'm not giving up on him, i'm just quite upset by it all, especially by the fact he barely wants to come near me atm
i just want it gotten to the bottom of so it can actually be resolved & him better
cystocentesis can be done without putting him under

Paul Keep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i will do thank you
oh that video probably looks way more horrific to me right now than it actually is

Paul Keep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i also meant to add it's not the tramadol causing constipation, he was given that because of his poop issues

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The vet's office or a groomer can do what's called a "sanitary clip"
This is a trim of his hind end and legs so poop does not get stuck in his fur. When he's having trouble, it will be much easier to keep him clean

Paul Keep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he's been on the tray twice this evening, & i don't think he's passed urine properly (although i believe there were a few small spots on the floor this afternoon)
although he was weeing find previously, i'm now concerned he's not.....but he's not really drank all day
if he's not weeing by morning i know he needs to see a vet, but my vet will charge a ridiculous Sunday fee + all treatments, & i just don't have that money
i honestly don't know what to do i feel so powerless to help him

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If he isn't eating or drinking, could you syringe feed him some water?
You could also dilute some pate style cat food with water and see if you can feed him this soup with a syringe.

Obviously, this won't fix the peeing or poop problems, but you will keep him fed and hydrated through the weekend.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was only $100 when my cat got a UTI, but you said he is already on antibiotics? I wonder why those aren't helping. I'm stumped. Yeah, it really is an emergency if he's only peeing small amounts or not at all. Ask the vet about the pooping issue too, maybe he can give you some paste for constipation. Please keep us updated.

Paul Keep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He hasn't eaten or drank (i don't think, he went to his eater bowl & threw it everywhere) but i have given him a few syringes of water with tablets.
He's been to the tray several times but passed nothing

Paul Keep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Antibiotic, Metacam liquid & Tramadol tablet

Paul Keep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He keeps being on his tray for ages

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you taking him to the vet tomorrow? Did any worms come out in the poop? What did you use- Drontal?

Paul Keep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i ended up taking him last night i was worried he was blocked.....which he wasn't
they didn't do scans then as would be so expensive out of hours
so i'm taking him in the morning. I truly hope the scans show what is wrong & they will allow to pay me for them & treatment in installments

Paul Keep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they felt him, couldn't feel his bladder & then the table was a bit wet so it seemed he weed when they felt him poor little thing
thank you, i just hope i can find out what is wrong, the most heartbreaking bit is he won't come near me, & the few seconds he does i have to try ram pills down his throat scaring him off more

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you are going to the vet tomorrow. Let us know what happens. Good luck.