Cat Spay

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, i wasn't sure where to put this thread so i put it here... I have recently gotten a previous mamma cat that I need to spay. I have been told that if you spay them while in heat their behavior will still be as if they are in heat. Is this true? I have had many cats spayed before, but I've never run into this problem. Thanks for any help!

sorry if this is is a stupid question:dunno:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, that's not true. A spay while in heat is slightly more risky because of increased risk of bleeding. You can ask the vet what their preference is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just called the vet, and we have an appointment for tomorrow at 8:30! I'm surprised we got one so soon:woohoo:

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
dropped her off this morning. Will be picking her up around 5! i don't know why I'm so nervous, the vet would call me if something happens

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, i picked her up last night, and everything was fine! it was sure expensive though.... she was still quite loopy last night, but seems better this morning. She is VERY affectionate, as in its like they gave me the wrong cat :crackup:

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just noticed that there is a tiny bit of what looks like dried blood. Is this normal?

PippaRory21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is also a lump under her skin. Is this normal? She has been pretty calm, but she got out of her room a few nights ago, and was running around. she has been relatively active in the last few days.