Cat spay wound not normal!!?!?

Wendyhe0824

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has a white belly so a lot of websites says that bruising and discoloration is normal but I’m just worried!! Please help and let me know if this is normal? It’s a little crusty from the dry blood. I see a lot of other photos of day 5 post op and it doesn’t looks as bad as my cat.
DCDC9515-E449-48AF-AC76-23691DD60D7B.jpeg
98115232-2BD9-4167-85F6-21D165DB3697.jpeg

I got my cat spayed 6 days ago and it’s not healing the way other cats are healing on websites. She got a pretty small incision but it seems to not have any healing progress since the first day she came back. It’s bruised and crusty but it doesn’t seem to hurt her and no pus. Is this normal?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wendyhe0824

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks good to me. Is it warm or leaking?
This was her first day back from hospital. It’s been 5 days and it doesn’t seem to be improving? I see a lot of other cats after 5 days, their wound is practically healed. Is my cat taking longer to heal than others?

Attachments

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks ok to me. I'm not seeing any swelling or redness. No weeping either. I wouldn't compare what you see on websites since all vets have different methods of making incisions and suturing and appearance will vary. Plus some cats heal better/faster than others.

If worried, you can ask if your vet will accept photos via email to take a quick look but I don't see anything to be over concerned about.