Cat Spay Incision

furbabyAudi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First off, I’m sorry about how bad these pictures are haha. But, my 6 month old Audi got spayed on February 21st which was 4 days ago. And as a natural worrier and very anxious cat mom, of course I am worried about her spay incision. My mom says it looks fine, but that didn’t put my mind at ease. It is slightly red around it, looks to be scabbing, and a little swollen. It doesn’t appear to be open, bleeding or have any discharge. She’s VERY active, which has kind of been worrying me. The vet advised me to keep her jumping and pouncing at a minimal for the first seven days and I’ve been monitoring her closely but to restrict her jumping is impossible. I’ve seen her lick the wound maybe once or twice. She’s eating and drinking normally, maybe even eating a bit more. So, long story short, does this incision look normal to you?

Attachments

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't look bad, but if it does not improve over the next few days, or gets worse, seems to be separating, or any discharge then i would take her back in for a check up. If she licks the incision you may need to put a cone on? And try to keep her as calm as possible. I know how difficult that can be with a young one!

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It looks ok. A little redness is normal and the scabbing is a good sign of healing. If there is any discharge or the redness spreads, take her in. It’s ok if she licks the wound, just don’t let her chew on it.