Cat spay incision has a lump

Lily Scott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my cats was spayed yesterday, February 13. It is currently Feb 14. This morning at 6 AM, her spay incision is as shown in picture 1.
Now almost 5 pm, it is picture 2.
There is now a lump slightly under the spay incision, not directly where the incision is. Also she was acting strange when she came home from the vet yesterday. She climbed onto the piano, stepped onto the keys which spooked her, and she jumped off the piano and ran off. The height was like 1.5 meters. I immediately put her in a room to try and prevent her from jumping
Anyways this morning at around 2 AM, she woke up and started acting restless, it almost seemed like she was seeing things, try to grab things that weren't there. When I picked her up The vet told me that she had recieved a 72 hour pain injection, and I searched on Google, Google told me that the pain injection COULD be causing that. Right now it's almost 5pm she was sleeping pretty much all day, she got up once to eat and yesterday she peed. But no poop yet. I'm a little worried about the lump especially since it's not directly under the incision, it's more like 1-2 cm below the incision. Also, the vet used dissolvable stitches for the inner layers, and vet bond for the outer skin layer.
If anyone could help me examine the pictures and give me some advice, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much all! 🙏

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd reach out to your vet and provide the photos. Photos are always a great way to detect changes so good job with that. Continue to take pictures until you hear back from the vet. You can also apply a warm compress to the area to help with any swelling and it may help with the lump too (still contact your vet).