Cat snorting

mishicats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, I have heard cats purr, hiss, growl, spit and meow. Yesterday my little girl was really afraid or annoyed because the cat she does not get along with started walking towards her from about 10 feet away and she started SNORTING. I have never heard a cat do this. What a sound. Kind of scared me a little bit. Any one else have this happen? 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, never heard of that one before. It'd be great if you could get it on video!  Has she ever growled before? Maybe she was trying to growl?  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mishicats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

No, never heard of that one before. It'd be great if you could get it on video!  Has she ever growled before? Maybe she was trying to growl?  
Oh yes, she has definitely growled before. She also spits.

ashleyo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My male cat doesn't snort but he does make grunting noises. This is usually when I'm petting him and he's extra cozy. 

He also flops down and sighs, snores, and growls at people outside! I have not ever seen him spit though. What kind of cat is he? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mishicats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is her picture on the Humane Society web page. When I saw it I knew I had to have her.  I still cant believe some of the terrible noises that come out of this little girl.