Cat sneezing/wheezing again

sweetlilac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My darling feral KittyKat has been sneezing and wheezing (slightly) again. I am guessing it's allergies as this condition has come and gone in the past. She doens't have a vet and seems to be in excellent health otherwise, thick soft fur, sweet disposition, placid, friendly, etc.

I'd like to try giving her a half a Claritin before calling the vet just to see if this is the case. Any reason why this is not a good idea? And if so, what would be the best way to give it to her? Thanks all.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please do not give her a Claritin. That is human medication. You really need to have her seen by a vet to diagnosis what is wrong. It if is purely allergies there are supplements that can help. Yet giving a Claritin is very very dangerous without the ok of a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlilac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you. I wll do this! Its just what seems like periodic sniffles and wheezing but she's worth it, thank you. I am guessing there are mobile vets who know how to deal with a feral who has never met one, other than getting her TNR as a kitty.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used a mobile vet on 3 feral cats. I had to call around and ask if they would treat a feral. One of my feral boys had to be sedated. He was frantic. Yet the other two just gave in and allowed a quick exam. It might be worth calling around.