Cat sneezing all the time

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello , my cat has been sneezing wayyyyy tooo much i dont know why but i dont think its normal? Because when he sneezes he lets out like 10sneezes if that makes sense other times when he sneezes its like an EXPLOSION its soo strong its like BOOM 1000x sneezes in one second. I dont think thats good well i dont have any vets around here so what can i do? Do u guys have like remedies for me to do? Also i noticed he only sneezes when he is near humans. Does the cat have human allergy?
And it's starting to infect my other cat aswell .my other cat started sneezing too but its only minor right now. Not too much. But i worry it will be the same as my first cat or even worse.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
You're in another country, correct? Do the people in your house use perfumes? Can you keep your cats away from the people that seem to cause them to sneeze alot?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
You're in another country, correct? Do the people in your house use perfumes? Can you keep your cats away from the people that seem to cause them to sneeze alot?
Omg hello! I remember you! Yes, i have traveled. And nope no one uses perfume. Its just me and my sister in the house.
I try to stay away from him but he wants attention and keeps following me everywhere and end up sneezing

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Is the sneezing a relatively recent thing? Could it be related to changes in air quality/pollution in your area? Excess dust in your home? Without knowing the cause of the sneezing, I don't think anyone is going to be able to give you home remedies. On the chance it has to do with environmental allergens, an air purifier might be something to try.

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. Is the sneezing a relatively recent thing? Could it be related to changes in air quality/pollution in your area? Excess dust in your home? Without knowing the cause of the sneezing, I don't think anyone is going to be able to give you home remedies. On the chance it has to do with environmental allergens, an air purifier might be something to try.
its not recent I picked him up from our school grounds he was a baby whose mom was neglecting . well from the first time i saw him he has been sneezing. but why do i need to get air purifier the only time he sneezes is when he is near me. even when there is dust infront of the door where he sits most of his time he doesn't sneeze.

diana2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also because of him sneezing constantly he has been having hard time breathing because his nose is always clogged because of his snot

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but why do i need to get air purifier the only time he sneezes is when he is near me.
Air purifier also helps with airborne allergies and they get worse with direct contact but that doesn't mean the other times there is no issue. For example, I have dust mite allergy. Dust mite is a microscopic creature that lives on fabric. The allergen is actually mostly their poop, sweat, etc I get exposed to them from the air alone but, for example, when I lie on an old bed or couch, my symptoms get so much worse because the exposure is so much more.

Meaning, if the cat is allergic to something on you, around you he might still have trouble but it may not be visible. maybe he just gets short on breath or gets nasal discharge. And it gets more severe when there is more exposure around you.

Check everything environmental including the detergent you use to wash clothes. BEtter if they are all fragrance-free.

In case there is a UTI going on, try to support his immune system as much as possible until you can see a vet. A multivitamin with the vet-approved dose might help. And to eliminate stress as much as possible in the house.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Also, see if his breathing improves if you put him in a bathroom with a steaming shower, or create a tent with something heatproof over a steaming pot with him near to it. The idea being that the warm moist air will help ease his airways.

Can you obtain any of the things mentioned here by catsknowme catsknowme to strengthen your cat's immune system?
Adding fresh, raw goat milk (and colostrum if you can find it - farmers often freeze it just in case of bummer kids and lambs), yogurt (for probiotics or acidophilus capsules - sprinkle 1/2 capsule onto food) and L-lysine might help kitty. Kitty might be allergic to seafood such as fish - a common allergy although for some weird reason they tend to love the taste. Feeding pork or rabbit or goat meat (cooked or boiled without garlic or onion) can help. You can try adding cold-pressed coconut oil to the food as coconut oil can sometimes help against certain parasites and infections.

Also, if you can, try and obtain HomeoPet Feline Nose Relief.

There's this too,in addition to the terrific advice you've received above;

If Your Cat’s Sneezing, Do They Have a Cold?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he sneezes just around you, it is probably something in your cleansing products. It is very difficult to avoid fragrances and scents in hair shampoos, soaps, body washes and laundry products. Some laundry detergents leave high levels of borates, ash, silicas, etc. Try extra rinses on everything, including laundry & your hair and see what happens.
This case calls for some sleuthing ...please let us know what you try & what the results are....here at TCS, we love playing detectives