Cat sleeping under bed/couch more?

milliesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I have had my cat Millie since January, so about 3 months now. When I first got her she adjusted quickly and slept in a fuzzy bed I got her almost every night. For the past month or so, sometimes she takes her naps under my bed, in a little cardboard house I got her, and currently, under one of our couches. Like I said, this is a relatively new thing but it is also tricky because I haven't had her long at all. I am wondering if something is wrong or maybe this is just the way she will be and is adjusting and deciding she just likes these spots.

It has never interfered with her eating, drinking, and using the bathroom, so my gut says it's okay? But I am just a little worried because she didn't do that at all for the first month or so of me having her. It also is never for more than like a couple hours? And 50% of the time she will run out from under there when I shake her toy or treat.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. How old is Millie? Are you in an area where it is warmer now than when you first got Millie? If so, it could be that she finds the fuzzy bed too warm, and the other locations are cooler. This might be even more the case if the flooring you have in these places where she naps isn't carpeting - which would provide an even cooler surface. Sun/lighting might also have something to do with it as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

milliesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. How old is Millie? Are you in an area where it is warmer now than when you first got Millie? If so, it could be that she finds the fuzzy bed too warm, and the other locations are cooler. This might be even more the case if the flooring you have in these places where she naps isn't carpeting - which would provide an even cooler surface. Sun/lighting might also have something to do with it as well.
Hi Millie is about 9 months old! And yes it has started to get warmer outside and we've been having the windows open. Both under the bed and couch is carpeted, but she has been enjoying laying on the tile in the kitchen and bathroom lately.