Cat Sitter DVDs

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got three for Ritz, who is an only child/cat.  One was birds, one was other animals, and the third was fish.

Bored, yawn.  She paid more attention to the exercise tapes I use daily.

She looks outside a lot at real birds flying from tree to tree, albeit at a distance.  More entertaining.

That said:  other people have had success with it.  See if you can buy a used one on eBay, maybe the library; download an App?

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't gotten the "cat sitter" brand DVDs, but I once got a "background DVD", you could choose from hearth fire, aquarium or birdcage. I got the one with several recordings of birdcages and Flynn loved it. My three other cats don't care about watching TV. Flynn would sit as close to the TV as possible and swat at the birds on the screen.

Then I bought the utterly beautiful documentary Winged Migration and our shy foster cat Robin loved it. I played it for him every day and he would forget everything else.

Recently I recorded David Attenborough's "wildlife on one- squirrels, are they tough enough ?"  and Flynn really enjoys it, so I'm keeping it for a while longer to play it back to him from time to time.

I would recommend trying some stuff from animal planet or national geographic channel first too see if your cat is even interested.

harrylime

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I just got one of these for Tamago and she's been in front of the TV for the last hour "playing" the screen. The only thing that makes me feel bad is that she can obviously never "catch" the animals on the screen, and every so often turns around and looks at me with a face that's like "daddy, why am I a failure?"  Haha it makes me sad! 

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

So I just got one of these for Tamago and she's been in front of the TV for the last hour "playing" the screen. The only thing that makes me feel bad is that she can obviously never "catch" the animals on the screen, and every so often turns around and looks at me with a face that's like "daddy, why am I a failure?"  Haha it makes me sad! 
awww this is toooo cute!!!!! i know that look all too welL!!! hahhah