Cat showing third eyelid

My cat Clark

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I just have a story. I am crushed that I did not get shots for...her eyes are rolling back and could be Leukemia. If so, I will never be able to forgive myself. I am having to give her 3 drops a day and have only been able to do it once ..it's so hard to keep her still...so worried

Last edited by a moderator:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be so many things, but I would get your cat to a vet as soon as you are able….please let us know what happens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

My cat Clark

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
.I've taken her to the hospital ,3x now, given rounds of diff eyedrops with no progress. The last thing to do is get an MRI that is $450.00....to see if it is tumor. Then surgery cluld be over $1250.00. I don't know what to do...I don't have enough money. She is a beautiful white soft cat with beautiful blue eyes. One of two I rescued here in PV, Mexico because they don't take care of their pets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I see my cats third eye lid because he likes to fall asleep with his eyes open! Creepy ass cat.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If she is a street rescue you may not have been able to do anything in time to prevent the leukemia. The MRI may rule in or rule out certain conditions and could be helpful if the vet really suspects a tumor. As for surgery, ask about success rates, prognosis, quality of life. Is it possible to get a second opinion?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

My cat Clark

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she is a street rescue you may not have been able to do anything in time to prevent the leukemia. The MRI may rule in or rule out certain conditions and could be helpful if the vet really suspects a tumor. As for surgery, ask about success rates, prognosis, quality of life. Is it possible to get a second opinion?
Hi, gosh thank you for responding. I'm just going thru so much. The doctor couldn't really say what it could be. It's 9000 pesos for an MRI here and another 25,000 plus...for surgery. That's already like $1750.00. And then if there's treatment after that. I might go for a second opinion but this was a hospital I went to.After over a month, her eyes are still rolled back. I looked up Haws disease when ch is a cause of this but says there would be other systems like lethargy, etc. But she's fine...maybe can't see as well. Jesus, she's only 5. I'm thinking about doing a gofundme

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This happened to my cats last year. The vet suspected probably an infection or virus in the gastrointestinal tract which would clear by itself. It passed on the the other cat after a week. Vet gave me some eye drops for them. Aside from some eye discharge, they were eating and pooping normally and still normally active. It took about a month for their eyes to go back to normal.

You can read about it here
https://veterinarypartner.vin.com/default.aspx?pid=19239&catId=102903&id=9479407