Cat Safe Toilet Cleaner

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
anyone know of any great cat safe toilet cleaner (my boys think they are dogs and like to drink from the toilet...)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aside from everything else, they can slip and fall in when perched on the side. The toilet is slippery, even the seat, a cat may not be able to get a grip on it. It is also possible that the lid will fall and hit the cat, confusing and panicking him at best.

On another level, many cats become fascinated with the flushing effect. It doesn't take much for them to learn how to flush the toilet. They will happily give up naps to do this until you make them stop. Can you afford to have them flushing the toilet all the time you are gone?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything is fine as long as you flush it (not like those things that hang in the tank and turn the water blue), and don't let the cats near it while it soaks. But if you want something totally safe, vinegar is great, a few drops of dish soap will help too. Baking soda provides extra scrubbing when necessary.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, fantastic, there was a time I'd have saved my clothing, no my Grace money for this.