Cat/s Suspected Of Eating Part Of A Pad From A Raw Chicken Package . . .

kommunity kats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some neighbor is not putting the lid on their trashcan, or something! Found this fresh-smelling pad saturated in what smells like chicken juice in my yard this afternoon, with parts missing (some of the covering plastic, & some of the insides had been chewed or licked off).

He wasn't interested in eating this afternoon, but is usually more interested than the other cats. . . . He did eat 1/2 Tbsp an hour later, though. And I gave him about a tsp of non-hydrogenated plant margarine, because I seem to remember him 'getting into' some once before, & a little later he had diarrhea. . . .

Vet said if he shows signs of discomfort to give him hairball remedy she described as basically petroleum jelly with flavoring. I hate that mineral oil, suggested by a book my sister was reading to me from. I suggested Coconut oil, as it has the reputation of being better than hairball remedies for hairball treatments, but the vet said she didn't think it'd be good "because it digests really fast". But, if he gets too much wouldn't it give him the runs? But, would it lubricate his bowel contents . . . ?

TBH, I don't know which cat/s may have eaten off this 'pad', but this one is the only one that wasn't interested right away in their afternoon snack.

Right now he's sitting on a shelf inside with me, so I can hopefully become aware if he vomits. . . . The others are in the kennel outside, where they gobbled their afternoon snacks right up.

Anyone have any suggestions . . . ? I'm supposed to be spending my time getting things prepared to take several of these cats to the clinic in the next few days. It's always something!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kommunity kats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Walking through the yard a bit ago I spotted ANOTHER absorbant pad. This one also partly gone, more of it so. No idea when he/they ate from them. All acting normally for the time being.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kommunity kats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looking Good. One has had a BM. I have to take them to a vaccination clinic, today hopefully, within a short time-frame. So I'm BUSY. Got *distracted* Yesterday & am FAR behind preparing for this transport! ):