Cat Running Into Things Causing Small Scratches/wounds And Occasional Aggression

Gizmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_9768.JPG

IMG_9764.JPG

IMG_9765.JPG

IMG_9766.JPG

Gizmo a few times a day likes to run around the house and look out of the blinds but I've been seeing these little scratches on his face and head. I'm wondering if when he's running up behind the blinds the plastic scratches him. How do I clean it and should I put any neosporin on it? I just tried wiping off the blood with a damp wash cloth but I guess he was over stimulated and got really violent with me, maybe the most aggressive he's ever been as it sent me into tears under the blanket. When he gets like that all I can do is push him back as gently as possible by his neck without choking him and run under the blanket on my bed. At that point it's hard to distract him with a toy. I'm only 13 but I really try so hard not to get frustrated with him or yell at him because I know that only makes it worse. He's my baby and I want the best for him and don't want him to be upset and I especially don't want my mom think badly of him. That wasn't really the point of this but I thought I would add it in because he banged up my arm pretty bad.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Neosporin is ok for cats, as long as it is NOT the kind with a pain-reliever added. Here's an article about it:

Is Neosporin Safe for Cats?

Be sure to wait until he's calm again before trying to apply it! I applaud you for being such a caring cat mom at such a young age. Welcome to TCS, and be sure to ask us anything at all!