Lisannez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, you do sound a bit angry.

- Close the door and keep cats out of the bedroom at night
or
- Buy a king size bed.
I wish we could buy a king size bed, but we live in an old home built in the 1920s and the bedrooms can only accommodate queen size beds unfortunately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lisannez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I have no solution for you, but I'm laughing because I can't go to sleep at night unless my cats are on the bed. :lol::lol::lol:
I wish that were the case I love them so much. But they do not allow us to sleep at all. we cannot function on no sleep.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish that were the case I love them so much. But they do not allow us to sleep at all. we cannot function on no sleep.
I understand, everyone's situation is different. I think you just need to find a way to make sleeping somewhere else more appealing for them. I also wonder if you tried just ignoring them for a week, letting them do whatever they wanted on the bed, maybe they would lose interest. You'd have to sacrifice a week, but it may be for the greater good. Cats tend to want to do things more if they are told not to do it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lisannez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I understand, everyone's situation is different. I think you just need to find a way to make sleeping somewhere else more appealing for them. I also wonder if you tried just ignoring them for a week, letting them do whatever they wanted on the bed, maybe they would lose interest. You'd have to sacrifice a week, but it may be for the greater good. Cats tend to want to do things more if they are told not to do it.
Ha ha you are so right about cats wanting to do things they are told they cannot do, our Tuxie is for sure like that. But the ragdoll (the problem child in this instance) does not usually fall for that at least when it comes to being on the beds, she's a stubborn gal. That being said last night she slept on the bed in the guest room the whole night and left us alone, so maybe she just wants beds not us?