Cat Refuses To Eat Wet Food.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking if the urinary/calming supplements contain the same ingredients as the prescription wet food that she's picky about, then you could find an ordinary wet food that she loves and sprinkle some in, thus creating your own 'prescription' wet food. This is in essence what I do as Dudley is super picky too.

Jackattack0101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jackattack0101 Jackattack0101 just a quick question, do you have several water bowls throughout your living space, and/or a water fountain?
My kitty has Rx food for urinary issues as well. I'm going to try and research to see if there are any other brands that make Rx food for urinary issues. I know that Science Diet (which we had used briefly before getting the Rx) has a urinary formula but it's not Rx, so I don't know if it will work the same as the Rx.
I have my guy on the Royal Canin SO and he seems to really like it. I feed him a can of the wet food each day with a little bit of the dry food to tie him over. For water fountains I just bought a catit fresh and clean fountain. I think to much free flowing water would scare my guy but this one just gently moves the water around. I also had luck with ice cubes. I saw someone else try it and put one in his water dish and he loved it. He played with it for a bit before realizing that he could lick at it. Plus I think he just like the colder it made his water.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kayork1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was thinking if the urinary/calming supplements contain the same ingredients as the prescription wet food that she's picky about, then you could find an ordinary wet food that she loves and sprinkle some in, thus creating your own 'prescription' wet food. This is in essence what I do as Dudley is super picky too.
Yeah, that makes sense! I'll have to look into that!

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Ice cubes sound like a good idea, Jackattack0101 Jackattack0101 . If you make them with hot or boiling water they actually freeze much faster than with cold water and are clear, not cloudy.

14760840402_s.jpg

Also, as well as putting ice cubes in water you could try clean scrunched up balls of aluminium foil, ping pong balls, or some other waterproof balls, in bowls and the fountain for her to scoop out and thus get her paws wet, which she would then lick off.