Cat refuses to come downstairs

sharon budd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi my 9 yr old spayed female sophia refuses 2 cum downstairs when my kady was alive 4 the 1st 4 yrs they got on great then 1 day they had a fight it was awful 2 c and I separated them thinking the next day allwould b ok but no it continued with kady being very aggressive 2 sophia so 4 2 yrs b4 kadys death they lived separate and independent only once saw 1 another when they started again sophia lived upstairs during day kady down then evenings at 7pm I swapped them over it worked fine as I didnt want 2 rehome 1 of them the day kady died I brought sophia down and she looked 4 kady but seemed 2 accecpt kady had gone sumtimes id find her on my bed but she seemed 2b ok being down again 4 wks ago I had 2 take her 2 the vets 4 a flea allergy since then she refuses 2 cum down and if I bring her down she crys and scratches the door 2 go back up shes fed in my room has litter box in bathroom and shes very happy and content with her life ive since got 2 8 wk old kittens and shes aware they are here and still refuses 2 cum down I know shes getting old but whilst I can understand shes not interested in the UK kittens I cant 4 the life if me understand why she would rather b alone allday snd this was b4 the kittens came if any 1 has any ideas of why this is please message me I just wish she would cum down but she seems happy 2 b alone bless her

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As you said Sophia is happy where she is. Maybe she does not see downstairs as part of her "territory", so why bother to go there?