Cat Refuses Raw Bones. Can I Feed Meat Chunks Instead?

phoebemeowffay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

My first post here.

My 6 month old kitten, Phoebe, has been eating raw since I got her at 17 weeks.
She is exclusively eating Rad Cat in Turkey only... Picky eater. Switching her from kibble/can to raw was easy peasy, so not going to complain too much.

The thing is, she refuses to eat raw bones. Ive tried literally everything.

So right now including Rad Cat ive been giving her raw chunks of cornish hen. She will eat that no problem. She hates chicken. Only will eat the cornish hen when cut up.

My question is, if my cat refuses raw bones right now, it is ok if I continue to feed her the raw chunks of meat? I really want her to use her muscles. Shes more of a "licker" when it comes to eating. So watching her chew on the cornish hen is satisfying to me? :lol:

Also, do raw chunks clean her teeth?

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr Pierson does promote chunked food for dental health as opposed to all ground. She does need to be consuming calcium, but I assume she's got no issues with her rad cat so the cornish hen is all supplemental and fun. I wouldn't give her too much plain meat or it knocks the ratios out of balance.
Somebody correct me but isn't the low end 7% of the diet for bone?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there's a range for bone between 5-15%, so most people start with 10% bone. A little extra muscle as a treat won't hurt, but we're talking about an ounce or ounce and a half to every pound of balanced food.

You might try smashing a bone so she can smell the marrow.