Cat Randomly Attacking Me

ma1998

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 8 year old cat is usually gentle and friendly. He would bite playfully and go crazy at night, but that's usually what most cats do. All of a sudden, for about a few weeks now, he would occasionally get aggressive. This happens if he doesn't get what he wants. For example, if I gave him his favorite toy, he would play with it and everything and then pounce at my leg if I walk by. He would grab it really hard and bite pretty badly. Another thing happened today. I was packing his food away in the cabinet and he figured he was going to eat, but when I was done packing and walked off, he ran up to me and cornered me. You can tell it was anger, since his ears were back, his eyes dilated, and he pounced again. If I held him off for a bit, he would meow lowly. This makes it clear that he's not being playful. But I don't know what it is. Literally minutes after this happens he'd come into my room and be nice and sit by me. But I really hate having this fear of him running after me without me noticing and attacking me again. Do you know what this might be?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a sudden change in behavior like your cats, I would always start with a visit to the vet. Sometimes something is hurting them and it makes them irritable.