Cat Pulling Other Female

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat just had 5 babies last night, all are good and well. We have 3 other cats. One is a female, 9 months old and her baby. One male is also here baby, and then the father cat. She had them in the living room late last night, and she was fine all morning. I know she has another baby or two, but she isn't in labor right now, so I'm assuming its an interrupted labor. But she tried to pull the female(her daughter) by the neck, and kept trying to grab her neck. This morning she had all the cats around her and she was fine but the name cat just entered the room and she tried to attack him. Any time I leave the room she leaves her babies and follows, me and meows until I come and sit next to her. im wondering if she could be getting ready to have her other one(s) and that's why she' behaving different from this morning?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Apparently she doesnt want to have this male there, but she wats you to be there. YOU are her momma... :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Should move her to my room? I don' the other cat to be attacked, he's so sweet he ran away! And any thoughts on why she is pulling her daughter from previous pregnancy around?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, separate mom and the babies.

Is this the same cat who had a litter in March? Are any of the cats fixed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, unfortunately. We only had her and her daughter, the males are my sisters cats. She recently moved in with me, but said she had the cats fixed, clearly that wasn't the case, or maybe my cat got out and then back in on her own? The daughter is fixed as well.
I will move her to my room today.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Move mom and new babies to your room and keep all other cats away, including the other young female. Put mom's food, water, and litter in the room with her.

Get all the other cats and kitten spayed and neutered, and get mom spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old, so all breeding stops. Do not let her outside until after she is spayed. See that the new kittens get fixed too.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, do give the mama cat her own space so she doesn't have to worry about the new babies. Even if she's friends with the other cats it will still make her nervous to have them around the babies when they're this young. Plus if the males aren't neutered they need to stay away from the mama cat so she doesn't get pregnant again.

It should be fairly easy to tell if the males are neutered; just take a peek around the back and see if they still have testicles. If you can't tell for sure, have the vet take a look (maybe it's time for their shots, if you don't want to make a special trip). If your sister still says they're fixed, ask to see the vet papers, or find out which vet did it and give them a call to confirm. Don't let the males near the mama cat until that's cleared up. If they aren't neutered, keep in mind that some sperm can survive in the tubes for a while after neutering, so don't let them near her until at least 2 weeks after they're neutered, or until she's spayed. She can get pregnant again right away so don't even let them visit. Last thing that poor kitty needs is to be pregnant again this soon!

The female kitten is definitely spayed? Last thing you need is another pregnant kitty!