Cat Puking

chris s

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, all,

Next week, my cat has his first vet check up for the year, but I'm not sure if I should move the appointment earlier due to his recent frequent puking. Here's what's going on:

He's been puking once a day for the past four days now and before that it was once every couple of days over the span of three weeks. He doesn't puke more than once per day. Most of the time there's a hairball with bits of food, followed by some liquid. However, sometimes it's just food (chunks) followed by the liquid. The past four days it's been three with a hairball and one without. Whichever he pukes, he will hide somewhere and then come out later acting normal.

He does love to chow down, but his larger bowl prevents him a bit from eating way too fast. Plus, he can sometimes just start puking in a room without eating for a while.

Some additional info: My cat just turned 12 about two weeks ago. He has urinary stress issues (since he was 8) and is on medicated food for that. I'm not sure if I want to keep him on this dry food as I've heard some bad things about it (Hills Prescription Diet). I'm not sure what else to do for his condition though, so I've kept him on it.

I also feed him wet food once per day, which comes from higher quality products.

Any advice or comments would be welcome. Thanks!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It wouldn't hurt a thing to move that appointment up so you can discuss this with the vet. There are so very many reasons this can happen, some very serious, some quite easy to correct, but why take a chance on it? And let us know what the vet says.