Cat-proofing Your Cottage Or Castle

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My five cats all scratch except for Great Great Grandma who’s declawed (not by me) and they wreck things.

Like this clothes hamper.

320D09A5-64C6-4E98-8D4A-E7BBFACEF4CC.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I got this one From a local thrift store

2BACCC4C-BF44-40EA-A1A4-BFAC0BC4F261.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Show and tell us what you do to protect your cat habitats!

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Painters tape! Painters tape everywhere!
I also place a deterrent in the form of something scary and/or offensive on my nice furniture. Example: I know she hates Yoda.
Yoda gets low on batteries and sounds like he coming for your soul, so Buttercup keeps a wide berth. These chairs and this couch mean a lot to me (especially the couch) and she just wouldn’t stay off it- even with the tape! So, while cleaning I found these picture frames that make an awful clattering racket if they fall, and I keep them rested on the arms. One night she went right back after I’d retaped- but she didn’t know about the frames....
what a delightful cacophony that was, I just lay in my bed and smirked as I heard her unbridled terror, running for whatever lives she had remaining to farthest point in the house from the devil noise.
Heh heh heh.
No one said you have to fight fair.
I have kept folded laundry etc on these for a bit also, just to be sure she couldn’t shred something I couldn’t fix. I’m just starting to feel better about leaving them clean again, and can’t wait to have them clean- but I couldn’t risk damage either, it only been a few months. I plan on rearranging the bedroom to put temptations under a wall without a window. I realized she wanted these because they are under a window, and a mate to the French chair in the dining room she also likes because it has a window view. I also try to make sure she had chairs of her own and scratch posts too.
(*sigh* My taping jobs are not yet finished it would seem)
So, painters tape! Especially good for antiques!
Add devil items (run!):shocked:
check placement of your people items (wow- I can see the neighbors bird feeder from here! Why is the sticky stuff here again.... Hooman, do you know how annoying you are when you make all that face noise at me?) :rolleyes3:
supply items of their own so they will stay off yours! Maybe... (Nice, it’s about time all these butt sit spaces came with fluffy fur and shredding poles and with dangling mice!) :anticipation:
And prayer always helps too.
Let’s face it: we have cat(s), we need it o_O