Cat-proof Bed Sheets?

Frankophile Feline Fan

Floofing the floor
Young Cat
Purraise
Are there any recommendations for bed sheets that hold up well to cats? Mine are starting to show claw-mark tears.

It's probably my fault. Colette likes making biscuits to wake me up & I intentionally didn't cut her nails for 2 weeks so she can defend herself against my roommate's wild new dog. Still, I think I need new sheets. :oops:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are there any recommendations for bed sheets that hold up well to cats? Mine are starting to show claw-mark tears.

It's probably my fault. Colette likes making biscuits to wake me up & I intentionally didn't cut her nails for 2 weeks so she can defend herself against my roommate's wild new dog. Still, I think I need new sheets. :oops:
Frankophile Feline Fan Frankophile Feline Fan - I suppose that if comfort's not the primary concern, there's always Ballistic Kevlar.

CORTECH Safety Blanket,One Size Fits Most,7 lb. - 36FX16|CSAFBLA - Grainger

It will turn a .38 calibre round, though I expect it might be a bit scratchy.

;)

Welcome to TCS, by the way!

Edit: A special aside to @KarenKat - The manufacturer states that these will also turn aside toast crumbs. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep a fleece throw on the bed as a distraction. The girls like making biscuits on that instead. As soon as they come up on the bed, I make them a little nest with it. They snuggle down and knead away. :cloud9:

NEVER at the same time though. Lily does not like it if Sophie gets too close to me when it's HER snuggle time, and if she does, she gets in trouble. Lily is queen supreme in our house and no one is allowed to forget that. Lily was cuddled up with me one night last week and DD put Sophie on the fleece blankie when Lily was on it. Bad idea. Lily pounced on her, chased her OVER me and then off the bed. DD got reprimanded as well since it was her fault. She just got yelled at though. :lol:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Try fewer thread-count sheets, like 300 thread count. They won't shred as easily as higher thread-count sheets.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 is right about fleece. I have a fleece blanket that has held up well through a 25 lb MC and now a 20 lb Siberian with little to no damage. I agree with DreamerRose DreamerRose also, though I haven't found sheets that are cat proof it does seem a 300 ct sheet holds up best. Micro fiber is no match for a cat! Then there's always 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine suggestion with Kevlar...lol...that was funny!:crackup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Frankophile Feline Fan

Floofing the floor
Young Cat
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 is right about fleece. I have a fleece blanket that has held up well through a 25 lb MC and now a 20 lb Siberian with little to no damage. I agree with DreamerRose DreamerRose also, though I haven't found sheets that are cat proof it does seem a 300 ct sheet holds up best. Micro fiber is no match for a cat! Then there's always 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine suggestion with Kevlar...lol...that was funny!:crackup:
Thanks for all the info!

Are you saying that microfiber breaks down easily?

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the info!

Are you saying that microfiber breaks down easily?
Yeah it just kind of pulls the weave apart. My MC would lay on the night stand and knead on the corner of the bed and he just shredded it in short order. MC's claws are hooked and tend to hang up more though. My Siberian didn't do as much damage but still picked it up pretty bad. I tried 600 ct Egyptian cotton and they seem to pick bad I guess due to the tighter weave. I just bought some 300 ct sheets the other day simply because I remember them holding up well against claws. I've never tried satin sheets but, I just don't see them holding up well. I did try some sheets that were actually made just like a fruit of the loom t-shirt ( same material ) and they seem to hold up well but, I didn't use them long because they were an absolute pain in the butt to put on and make up. The cover sheet and top sheet tend to cling together and the material is stretchy. I liked the feel of them but it was almost like trying to make up a Velcro bed. If you can deal with that, that's actually the best probably as far as durability.

I don't think any are going to be invincible but 300 ct seems to be the all around best. A lot of it depends on the cat and how much hook there is in their claw I think too.