Cat Popularity

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you think cats will become more popular than dogs in younger generations due to living in smaller homes and having different lifestyles? Do you see a rise in cat popularity in general?

Fish Em

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some countries and cultures don't consider dogs to be even pets, so... That leaves the pet dog rest of the world. No. I don't think cats will be as popular as dogs. There is something about dogs people always love, like their loyalty.
Speaking for myself growing up loving dogs and always wanting to be around them, I now prefer cats. Many reasons. I now realize dogs don't match my lifestyle. Cats are so independent in many ways, very baby-like in some ways and seem way easier to me than having a dog. I realized that I don't care much for puppies particularly.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There are some people who dont like animals at all. And there are some people who are either a dog lover only and a cat lover only. And then there are people who likes both cats and dogs only. I have had both in my life a German Shepherd and a Blue Heeler cattle dog and then in between i have had cats through out my life , i even had a pet mouse once. I guess with a dog it is the same as a cat, it depends which personality they come with. my german shepard was as placid as they would come she didn't give a dam about going for walks , she just like hanging around and sitting on the couch. Blue Heeler was a hyper pup, always on the go couldnt sit still for 10 seconds lol , would do crazy things but always made me laugh even when he stole the garden hose, which was hidden away in the garden shed, he somehow figured out how to open the door and you find him barking and running around shaking the hose in the air in the yard. Another one was using the internet and making us wonder why the internet was cut out, we thought the service was cut to find out that he had chewed the cable lol .

I guess it all depends on what people are looking for in a pet.