Cat Pooping Problems

Laura.esg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everybody, I have a one year old cat, ragdoll, his name is Wombat, he is amazing all the time, but sometimes he does something very weird when he poops, he goes to his litle box, he poops, cover his poop and the he leaves a small piece of his poop in the floor close to the litle box. I don't know why he does this, he has never intentionally go and poop totally on the floor, has anyone have this happening to them? I have to say he is a big and fluffy cat, 14 pounds just a year old, has anyone have some suggestions?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Does it look like the poop sticking to his fur?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laura.esg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sometimes it does, but I trimed all the fur in his behind, so that doesn't happen, and he still leave "gifts". I was thinking that maybe his litle box is too small for him, although I bough the biggest one I could find, he is a big cat.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one big male cat that is a digger. he sometimes gets a little over zealous with covering, and will dig poo, and litter out on the floor. Or if the box is too small some of my cats go near the edge, and things fall over the side :(

Keep the box clean, and try different depths of litter, if its too deep mine tend to go around the edges. And get the biggest box you can find. A lot of people even use those under the bed storage boxes. I have a few myself.