Cat Pooping Outside Litter Box... On Her Exercise Wheel!!!

speechlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About 6 months ago, one of my two cats started using their cat exercise wheel as a litter box. I bough a camera to catch the culprit and, lo and behold, it was my Bengal Tatiana who is the only one who uses the wheel. I took away the wheel for a while.

Both my cats were toilet trained up until about 6 months ago and I still don't think I've found the jackpot litter. last week I replaced one of the litters with The World Best, which they both have used in the past. the 2ndittwr box has what they have been using the last couple of months, which I want to change to pine I know..graaaaadually.

their preferred litter is pretty low and definitely needs to be changed. my other cat has used the World's Best Recently. I'm wondering if the wheel looper is protesting the lack of amount of preferred litter?

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
My bet would be the pooper wants their old litter back. I would start by going back to the litter they were using six months ago, at least in one box, full level just as it used to be and see if that changes his behavior. You can always try out another litter in the second box and see what they prefer to use.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

speechlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
did I mention that she then runs on the wheel thereby spreading it across the entire surface of the wheel.

I currently have the litter that they were using in one tray...filled. oh wait... I moved the litter box out of the bathroom and into the guest bedroom when I had company the other day. that is the box that is preferred by the pooper. . I think she wants in back in the bathroom!!!

tbone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i am having the same problem with my cat Skye. I even tried different litter in the box... nothing helped. Skye still poops on the wheel every two or three days.
Could Skye still be angry at my wife for bring a second cat (Buddy) into the house. Skye tortured buddy for over a month , they get along much better. Any ideas?