Cat Pooping And Fleeing

semeagher

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, we have a cat who is about 10 or 11 years old. When she was little, she swallowed a penny and passed it. At some point after that she became terrified to poop, she holds until she can no longer hold then poops on the floor. She also poops when she is mad at us (which is often now that we have 5-year-old daughter (she hissed at my daughter when we brought her home)). We have tried moving litter boxes, paying more attention to her, (she only accept it on her terms, which means she sits as far as she can get from wants me to pet her but moves if I get to close, sigh). She also is anxious. She doesn't lick her skin, but she licks me for about 20 minutes after we turn the lights out at night. And would do so again in the morning if we had time. She is used to having time alone with me in the morning, but since the kid, it doesn't happen. Are there any other behaviors things I can try? Would (I hope it is allowed to be mentioned would CBD oil help) or do I go to the vet and see what else can be done. They keep giving us behavior suggestions, but I think I am ready for the next step.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
If it's legal where you are, ask your vet about cbd, some people have had good results.

You could also ask the vet about adding some pumpkin. It can help improve the consistency of the poop, or whether something oily could help ease things through and maybe ease any discomfort.

Are you feeding wet food? Moisture could help.

Also try some MusicForCats . com, there's an app called Relax My Cat, or even classical harp music. It's known to help cats relax.

Do you have cat trees? Both upright and horizontal scratchers?

Can you take her for walks? Something here might help as well;

Try some of these things;

How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats)

19 Best Interactive Cat Toys: Your Ultimate List (2019) | Heavy.com

21 Best Cat Toys: Your Ultimate List (2019) | Heavy.com

Home - the Ripple Rug

Food Puzzles for Cats

The LickiMat - Food Puzzles for Cats

Favorite Cat Toys?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

semeagher

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They only eat wet food, and our attempt to take her walks was a disaster. She fled to the basement with the harness still on and it was an hour or so before we could get her out from under the couch to get the harness off. The harness also scared her. We have some cat tree I can see if we can find a way for more and I will look at the stuff below. What she really wants it seems it my attention all the time (unless she is sleeping). I think she is jealous of our daughter. But even before that it was hard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

semeagher

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They only eat wet food, and our attempt to take her walks was a disaster. She fled to the basement with the harness still on and it was an hour or so before we could get her out from under the couch to get the harness off. The harness also scared her. We have some cat tree I can see if we can find a way for more and I will look at the stuff below. What she really wants it seems it my attention all the time (unless she is sleeping). I think she is jealous of our daughter. But even before that it was hard.
I also should add she isn't that smart. Her tail is her greatest enemy

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
oh, poor baby, she's stressed, I think - try the music for sure. There have been a number of members who have had good results :)