Cat Poo Pale Green But Is Log Like

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone

I came home tonight and my cat did a poo that is a light green color, but is log like. I have been feeding her fancy feast grilled chicken the green canned one. And it kind looks like the colour of that food, but i am not sure as this is the first time i have seen her poo a pale green poop, should i be concerned ? She is an only cat 17 years old. She is drinking water and did eat part of her food which she usually does when i come home from work. Should i feed her something different instead of fish, that is all she wants to eat atm. I have also mixed Pet Guard mixture in her food the last two days which is to help her with arthritis, would this be causing this pale colouring stool ? The colour of the powder is white, so i am not sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just went outside and checked on her again, i gave her some beef and she ate it all, she drank some water and went back to sleep. I dunno im gonna keep an eye on her for a bit.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. The color of her poop could be reflective of the color of her food. But, if you've never seen that color before and you haven't changed any of her food recently, you might want to check the ingredients of all the food that she is eating and 1.) see if any changes have been made, and 2.) check for food coloring additives. That would also apply to the Pet Guard mixture, especially if that has been a recent addition.

You asked about fish, but you said she was eating FF grilled chicken and then later some beef - so, I am not sure what you were asking.

I agree you should keep an eye on her and test different foods she will eat to see if that changes the color of her poop - and make sure you don't see any other changes in her, even minor ones. She is 17, so if anything else crops up that is a sure reason for a vet visit.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very light-colored poop can be a sign of a liver problem. At her age that's a big deal. Keep an eye on her and call the vet if she produces another light-colored poop.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It could be bacterial too. Outdoor cats are prone to a whole slew of things that indoor cats have very little chance of encountering. I'd take a fecal sample to to the vet. They should be willing to do a fecal test without even seeing her.