Cat Person, a cat food company

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Seems like there is a new player in cat food, Backed by Harry’s Labs, Cat Person launches its lineup of cat care products – TechCrunch

One of their wet options for example is a chicken pate. A sleeve of the food has 5 cups, each cup is 2.75 oz, for $7.25 (USD). Works out to $0.53 an ounce.... Grain-free & High-protein | Wet Cat Food | Cat Person

Ingredients: Chicken, chicken broth, dried egg, tapioca, sunflower oil, tricalcium phosphate, salt, natural flavor, magnesium sulfate, taurine, potassium chloride, dried celery, zinc oxide, reduced iron, Vitamin E supplement, niacin supplement, sodium selenite, thiamine mononitrate, manganese sulfate, Vitamin A supplement, Vitamin B12 supplement, copper amino acid complex, pyridoxine hydrochloride, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, biotin, Vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, potassium iodide, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity).

In comparison, Chewy's American Journey house brand is $0.32 an ounce. Tiki Cat is currently about $0.42 an ounce (which is the one with the most similar formula).

They are currently offering a trial of their meal plan kit at a discount to try their food, Cat Food Delivery | Meal Plan with Free Shipping | Cat Person . If your cats like it (and you can afford it) their meal plan ships every four weeks, with free shipping.

Not sure how I feel about the food. I am leery to try something with no track record or reviews (it just launched last month and is independent). But their wet food ingredients look pretty good at a glance. I do like that their website includes the percentages of different ingredients. They also have a bowl that is shallow and raised for a better eating experience along with some toys on their site. But their food (and really everything they sell) is fairly expensive but if the cats like it and it has minimal fillers it could be worth trying. I really don't know where I stand on it other then if it was cheaper I would try it.

Thoughts? Has anyone tried this brand?

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does look like fairly decent food but, honestly, it makes Tiki look like a bargain! And Tiki's not cheap! (For shreds, Chewy's Miko is pretty much the same and significantly cheaper.) The Cat Person ingredients aren't bad, although I wouldn't want to feed tapioca regularly and I'm not a fan of menadione, either.