Cat Peeing problems

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a 9 yr old female who I have had thoroughly checked out and she is completely behavioral. We have the proper amount of litterboxes for amount of cats and we clean them daily. I currently have her on behavioral medication as well. My question is how do I stop her from peeing in my daughter's room?  It is the only place she chooses, even when there is a litter box in there she chooses one particular part of the carpet in my daughters room. I clean it with a special enzyme killing cleaner atleast once a week if not more but it is getting to be too much!  Short of pulling up the carpet which we do not have the money for right now to replace what else can I do to get her to stop peeing in this one strip of carpet?  I have tried the foil on the carpet, didnt work she just moved it aside, it is a weird spot in the room otherwise I would put the dresser or a big piece of furniture there to prevent her from doing it but it is just before her closet doors. Any ideas would be appreciated! 

mittykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My fat cat, Marmzy, has about ten thousand issues, including urinary. health and behavioral. one of the first things our vet suggetsted was that he was peeing for attention. it wasn't for a long time, three vet checks, fleas, and an x-ray later that they suggested urinary tract. he eventually got crystals, had surgery and hasn't peed since. though now he spooks at everything and throws up, so thats why I'm on this site in the first place. my cat is weird.hope this helps!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you close the door to your daughter's room?
I wish we could, but she is only 5 and has some sensory issues and FREAKS out if her door is closed, it is a battle that is ongoing with us and her. Plus this is the kitty that sleeps with her everynight and to take that away from either of them seems sad.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try putting down one of those plastic mats that are supposed to go under office chairs. Should be only about $20 at Wal-Mart. If it's really only that one spot she's fixated on it should help. And the mat is low-profile enough that it can go in front of a closet.