Cat Peeing on New Baby Stuff

momof3furbabies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am 7.5 months pg and I have 4 cats. All are fixed and utd on shots. My 2 yr old white cat, spaz, has a habit of "marking" things occassionally. Thought I had it licked. She also poops if clothing is left on the floor. Today I about had it. I set up a pack n play yesterday and thought it was safe after 24 hrs. I noticed she peed in it. It's now ruined and cannot be washed. I am beyond ticked. I am worried she will piss in the crib. I don't know what to do. It's definitely behavioral. Nothing else is wrong. She just doesn't like using her litter box and I can't stand it. what can be done?

seattleeco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you taken her to the vet to see if something's wrong? A lot of times, inappropriate elimination is a sign of underlying health issues. Or, have you changed their litter or litter box locations? Even moving furniture around, stuff like that, might tip her off that something is new -- and if she's anything like some cats I've known, new=scary=reason to get cranky. Maybe she's picking up on the fact that things are really changing, or she feels a bit neglected...or something? I'm not sure, but I'd start with the vet! Whatever the cause, I'm sure it can be resolved before your baby arrives (congratulations, by the way!).

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like the above post, I would have her checked by a vet for kidney / crystal issues.

Cats are very sensitive to change and at the shelter we get pregnant people all the time who are having issues with their cats, they can certainly tell the change in you. Usually (as long as not medical) it can be solved with a lot of love and showing them that they are not neglected and keeping the changes to their main areas as minimal as you can.

I would also try Cat Attract litter and adding more litter boxes as once they start to not use the box it usually takes a little more to get them and keep them using the box again