Cat peeing on floor

wolfie305

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kaylee has always given us trouble and it's starting to piss me off now. She started with peeing in the sink. Took her to the vet and found out the Temptations treats were causing blood in her urine from irritation, so we stopped giving them to her.

Still the problem persists. I put the SSSCat automatic sprayer on top of the bathroom counter so when she tried using the sink, it would spray. That worked, but then she started using the bath tub. For the past few weeks she's been peeing and pooping right in the middle of the floor in the room where the litterbox is. Usually by the litterbox. Now it's a problem, as it's causing bubbles in the floor from sitting there all day until I come home from work and noticing it. This is completely unsanitary.

She still uses the litter box so I know she's not turned off by it or afraid of it. I keep it clean and scrub/change the litter every week, but apparently it's not good enough for her.

What could be the issue?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, blood in the urine could be caused from stress. I have a high strung, high maintenance kitty who has chronic blood in urine. FIC (Feline Idiopathic Cystitis) http://www.vetinfo.com/feline-idiopathic-cystitis.html

Try to figure out IF there is something causing her stress in the home. Any changes, new people, new pets? Have you moved litter boxes around, changed litter? How many cats do you have? Do they all get along? How many litter boxes do you have set up. One for each cat plus one extra? Do you think she senses your frustration and/or have you hollered at her for the litter box mishaps? If so, then that would add to her stress level. IF there are no obvious stressors, then I would follow through with the vet once again. There is medication you can give you kitty to help her with FIC, if that is what it is. See if this will be of some help too... http://www.thecatsite.com/a/six-surefire-strategies-to-reduce-stress-in-cats

I know this is a really difficult problem to be dealing with for you and for Kaylee. I hope that you can get it resolved for all of your sakes. I would look for stress causing issues first and would also get her to the vet once again for a urine sensitivity culture test. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited: