Cat Peed on My Chair... Because it's Icy Outside! >_<

tangoking

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We went through our usual routine this morning... I got up, petted him, brushed him, fed him, and put his collar on. The next step is to open the door and let him out for the day.

The only problem is that we had a snowfall yesterday, and it's very cold and icy out. He went to the door, stepped out into the ice and snow... and unhappily returned about one minute later.

Then, he peed on my chair!

I'm like, "Dude, what do you want from me? I didn't make it snow!"

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess he's telling you he wants a litterbox for cold days! :lol3:

When I was a teen we had an indor-outdoor cat who hated snow, too. He would ask to go out and then growl when he saw the snow. Then he would go to a different door and get mad when there was snow out there, too! He would try every door in the house. I guess it's hard for a cat to understand that snow goes everywhere.

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I guess he's telling you he wants a litterbox for cold days!

When I was a teen we had an indor-outdoor cat who hated snow, too. He would ask to go out and then growl when he saw the snow. Then he would go to a different door and get mad when there was snow out there, too! He would try every door in the house. I guess it's hard for a cat to understand that snow goes everywhere.

Hehehe that is so cute!!! Poor buddy didn't understand the (stupid) snow is EVERYWHERE!! 

My kitten is an indoor cat but I brought a bucket of snow into the house last week, he sniffed the snow and pawed at it, meowed and walked away. He didn't want anything to do with it!! 

truffleshuffle0

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My family had a cat once when I was a teenager that would poop in my bed if we went somewhere and left it more than 2 days. Not sure why but it would only poop in my bed it was like it would even pull the covers back lol. My mom has a indoor/outdoor that looks at you like your crazy when you try to put her out in the snow or even on cold days.

annettek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you have your cat litter trained? You can also train him to use the toilet, all you do is fill a strainer with a cup full of cat litter, (after placing strainer on toilet seat) Put the feline on the seat, and he will sniff at the litter understanding that this is a place to go. This process does take time, consistency and training. If you don;t have time to do this type of training, just get a standard litter box for kitty to use. The cat refused to go outside because of getting cold feet. Like water, cats do not like snow very well, and as for peeing on your chair, this was an instant reaction of of coming in from the cold and into the warmth. He also was expressing anxiety from the sudden temperature change. If another animal had peed on that chair, he may also smelled that, and decided it was a spot to use. Keep him away from the chair, to avoid future accidents.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tangoking

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have your cat litter trained? You can also train him to use the toilet, all you do is fill a strainer with a cup full of cat litter, (after placing strainer on toilet seat) Put the feline on the seat, and he will sniff at the litter understanding that this is a place to go. This process does take time, consistency and training. If you don;t have time to do this type of training, just get a standard litter box for kitty to use. The cat refused to go outside because of getting cold feet. Like water, cats do not like snow very well, and as for peeing on your chair, this was an instant reaction of of coming in from the cold and into the warmth. He also was expressing anxiety from the sudden temperature change. If another animal had peed on that chair, he may also smelled that, and decided it was a spot to use. Keep him away from the chair, to avoid future accidents.
Nice post!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tangoking

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, it turns out that there was more to this story. What I failed to mention was that my cat had peed on my bed the day before, which is really weird and very rare. So, he peed on my bed one day, and my cushion the next.

So, I was petting him yesterday, and finally realized that the small raw spot on his cheek is a bit of mange!!! 
 He was trying to let me know that something was up! I remember seeing it when he peed, but didn't recognize it as mange. I figured that he somehow lot a bit of fur there.

So, we're off to the vet at 9:15am tomorrow morning.