Cat peed on my bed rather than litter box

LynnD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our senior cat gets angry at us if he has to pee and rather than using the available litter box he has pee’d on our quilt a number of times. He has done it a handful of times while we are in the bed.
We use an enzyme cleaner each time.
I feel it’s aggressive towards us. The litter box is readily available. Help

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our senior cat gets angry at us if he has to pee and rather than using the available litter box he has pee’d on our quilt a number of times. He has done it a handful of times while we are in the bed.
We use an enzyme cleaner each time.
I feel it’s aggressive towards us. The litter box is readily available. Help
why is he angry at you guys? have you taken him for a vet checkup?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Senior cats have lessening bladder control and also sometimes medical issues that can affect frequency of urination. So the first thing to do is to have visit to the vet and run a senior blood work panel. Sometimes they also can have the beginnings of dementia and sort of forget where they should be urinating or cant make it all the way to the litterbox . You may want to add more litter boxes including one in your bedroom .

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I don't think this is some of retaliation act on your cat's part - they generally don't operate like that. As said above, a vet visit (full scale senior check up) is probably in order, especially if he hasn't had one recently.

If he is more inclined to pee outside, then why not try setting up a litter box with dirt/soil/what ever he likes outside, just to see if that might encourage him to use it rather than the bed. But, have him checked over by a vet to rule out health issues first - in all likelihood, there is something going on with him from that aspect.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LynnD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he was an outdoor cat before then?
He is an indoor/outdoor cat. He’s allowed in and out from breakfast to just after dinner and has been that way for about 10 years. His 5 years before that he had free reign in or out. He dislikes the Litterbox and while he does use it - this morning he chose to pee on us rather than in it.
I see from posts a vet check up is warranted.