cat pee on clothing

elssa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My new kitty peed on a pile of clothing in a back room a while ago - just dealing with it now.  She doesn't do that anymore, but just wondering what's the best way to wash the clothing?  Should I buy some type of extra-strong laundry detergent or add a little CLorox to the water?  They are old clothes I just wear around the house, so okay if they get a little faded, just want to get the smell out.  

Thank you.  :eek:)  

Last edited:

cass

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Id give them a good soak over night and wash them a couple of times..it may just come out like that. Thats happened to me and I just soaked them washed then soaked then washed. :);)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elssa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your help, will give the soaking a try!  

tiffanymarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Set your washing machine for a normal cycle. Use warm or hot water if the affected fabrics will tolerate this safely. Hot water helps remove odors by killing the bacteria that grows in the presence of kitty urine stains.Add your regular laundry detergent in the recommended amounts. The brand is not particularly important, but use an effective product for the best results.Include about one cup of enzymatic odor remover in the wash load. This step is important!. This product is specifically designed to remove animal urine smells; it is usually sold with laundry supplies or pet supplies.After the cycle is complete, check the clothes for any residual odor. If there is any urine smell at all, repeat the washing process. Once the odors are gone, dry as usual.If you have any urine-affected clothing items that can only be hand-washed, fill a sink or basin with warm to hot water and soak clothing in detergent and enzyme odor remover for up to an hour before washing and rinsing. Repeat as necessary until no odor remains.For clothing that is not washable at all, consult a dry cleaning company for advice.

tiffanymarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have never tried that before. I just had an issue with my kitten peeing and I have always had good luck with Natures Miracle products. I bust bought the odor destroyer brand ..it has many uses and had to apply 2 treatments but the smell is gone and it breaks down the bacteria not just masking it. I got mine at petco for $12.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elssa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I have something called Nature's Miracle Just for Cats, Oxy Formula dual action stain and odor remover.  Is that what you have?  

Last edited: