Cat paw injury??

catmom6890

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi :) Its us again. I just have to ask you what to do. Every night before bed i clean my cats feet with clean wipe and coconut oil, it was recommended by our vet so her paws dont become dry. She is an indoors cat since june and we've been doing this every day since august, never had any problems. But earlier when i did it, i saw some blood on a wipe. Not much at all but i still got worried. Her paw is somehow cut. She isn't showing any sign that she is in pain, if i didnt see the blood i wouldnt even know. Should i do anything to sanction? Should i let it heal by itself? Please serious answers onlyz
681ADCCE-63BA-4DCB-8ED5-53E4B6C7F7A8.png

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably not serious, but check with your vet for sure, since you're concerned.

I'd put some Bag Balm (you can get it on Amazon, Tractor Supply, Wal-Mart or a lot of drug stores) on it until I could get it evaluated. I'd put a cone on so she can't lick the foot if you treat the wound, even though Bag Balm is supposedly non-toxic. I wouldn't eat that stuff.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do call. And ask if you can send the picture to him, so that he can better decide if she should be seen. I'm betting that this will be fine.

And you would be shocked at what indoor cats can find to injure themselves on! Any little anything at all that they can snag themselves on, they will snag themselves on.

frocky the cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Email your vet and send them pictures but I would just watch it to see if it is healing or getting worse ❤