Cat Pages not working

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne
I realize there have been some problems with the Cat Pages database lately. I wanted to look at an existing cat page today and I got an error message that said the driver error number was 80004005. I don't know if that error number is helpful to you. :confused3: :confused3:

Here is the rest of the message:
[ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Driver cannot open the database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

Good luck with the database!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne:

That's the same message I have gotten when I tried to upload pictures.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

/cat_prove.asp, line 210

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
These error messages show up when too many users try to access the data base. This is because it's an "MS Access" based data base. Sometimes it locks the whole system and then I need to ask the web host to reset the data base but this is not the case as now it's working.

Anyways, I'm happy to tell you that I will be upgrading the cat pages to a better data base (MS SQL) and that should solve all the problems once and for all (at the cost of an extra 30$ a month
and 150$ for the programmer). Still, I keep telling hubby some hobbies are more expensive then others

If all goes well, the new data base should be in working order within a couple of weeks. Hopefully, the baby will not pop out before that and I will be able to finish the switch in time.

Thank you all for your patience!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New error message for me!

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'owner_id='.

/cat3.asp, line 6

shawna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yup, I'm having the same problem and same error messages; I'd like to set up a page for Sophie so I'll keep checking in to see when its working. Best of luck convincing the hubby, Anne
and fingers crossed for an easy delivery for you

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We're working on the update right now - the programmer is, that is
He is on military reserve service this week, but I hope he stil manages to finish it within a day or two. It should be almost ready, but they need to sort out some problems of data base connectivity. Hopefully with the new data base there won't be any more problems.

I could manage the money, thanks to our new sponsor - Kat Wallks. You can see their message at the top of pages in the health, behavior, nutrition and care sections (not in the forums - use the links at the top of the page). And they have a great cat product as well.