Cat Overgrooming???

Echofrost704

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this since I’m new here. But my cat has an obsession with grooming my boyfriends hair. Yup, you heard that right. We dye our hair frequently so that was the first concern but our hair dye is vegan and actually a color depositing conditioner, but still don’t want the kitty consuming that. My boyfriend gets little sleep at night because my cat is persistent and will hit him and pull at his head just to get his hair when he tries to move away. Even when he covers his hair with a pillowcase, our cat keeps trying. Now he’s taken up going after it throughout the day while we’re home too. How do we get him to stop? Should we be more concerned?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Echofrost704

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ADDED INFO: he was brought to the vet fairly recently and had bloodwork done and had the full senior cat panel, and he also got updated on his shots. They said he was doing fine

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, generally it's a sign of affection, so there's that. However, cats LOATHE citrus. Perhaps if the boyfriend were to use a citrus-scented conditioner, or a citrus cologne on his hair in small amounts, that might do it.